A slightly longer distance this week at 48K to Downtown or 39K to the official finish in Arkel. We’ll continue working towards great communication up and down the double pace line and a steady level of effort – moderate on the flats, slow up the hills and fast down them. We will build to an average 28 kph max and work together to bring everyone along. And please remember the African proverb: If you want to far, we go together. If you want to go fast, come out and try the Tuesday and Thursday rides! 😀 Please bring the usual requirements: fun loving attitudes and lights. Also, check out the Safety and Skills page and General Ride Info and select ‘Wednesday’ from the side bar. Expect that we may split into two groups if the warm weather brings out many riders. We try to do a slightly faster and/or more experienced group followed by a slightly slower and/or less experienced group as we did last week. Looking forward to a good safe ride and seeing everyone. Summertime in May.
RIDE CANCELLED. RAINING AGAIN…..A gentle ride for our first Wednesday of the season. Hopefully the weather will cooperate – the final call will be made by 5pm. If the roads are wet, the ride will be cancelled. Bring your lights to be safe.
We will be doing the ride from last Wednesday which was cancelled. Unfortunately I am experiencing some technical issues and am unable to embed the map. Please refer to last week’s post for the route.
So ‘Relaxed’ no pedaling required!
Forecast says this isn’t happening.
Patients grasshopper, soon the spring peepers will summon us. Until then, stay warm and dry. See you on the road when it’s warmer (soon I hope).
Update: sunny weather, great temperatures, weather reports are stupid (“40% chance of <1mm at 7:00"): let's go.
I think that a short trip down Watson and back up Victoria, with some interesting hills, might be fun as sunset creeps earlier. Please bring lights, just in case. (Confusingly, the weather forecast is calling for a probability of misty rain in the late afternoon. I will see how it develops and make a go/no-go decision before 4:30.)