Sunday May 5 | C Ride | 8:00am | 80kms

***PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE*** By popular demand, this Sunday morning is starting at the new start time of 8:00am!! We’ll head south and make our way through Kilbride and then head into Carlisle for a coffee stop. We’ll be heading back north up Millborough and Watson. We’ll be sticking to the posted 26 – 28kph average for this ride. Fingers crossed for a beautiful day.


Social Ride – Wednesday Aug 1, 6:30 pm

Weather Update 4:55 PM: Ride is CANCELLED! Weather sites can’t seem to predict ‘pop up’ rain cells and we’ve just had one roll through with more on the way. Specifically to the south where we planned to go.
Original Post
We’ve had a few new members sign up this mid-season and this should be a great ride to welcome them along. It’s a nice light rolling route to the south and west of Guelph with some new pavement in a few places. We’ll continue working on great communication up and down the double pace line with a steady level of effort – moderate on the flats, slow up the hills and fast coming down. New members (and old) should check out the Safety and Skills page and General Ride Info and select ‘Wednesday’ from the side bar. The official finish will be at Hamilton corners at the Garage at Gordon and Arkell rd. Check back here for final rain cancellation to be posted no later than 5:00 PM. See you soon.


Wednesday’s Social Ride: May 2 6:30

Update: Let’s go. The cycling gods have been appeased.

For the first social ride in May, I am told that the Club’s Executive sacrificed a pair of mid-priced carbon wheels to ensure that the weather would be good.

So, let’s try the route from two weeks ago: a cruise around the east side of Guelph. Please remember that it starts at 6:30 this time. We should be back home in time but, just in case, bring lights.

Think happy thoughts. The forecast is suggesting that there may be rain nearby so, by 5:00, I will confirm that the ride is going ahead.


Wednesday Social Ride April 25, 6:00pm

RIDE CANCELLED. RAINING AGAIN…..A gentle ride for our first Wednesday of the season. Hopefully the weather will cooperate – the final call will be made by 5pm.  If the roads are wet, the ride will be cancelled. Bring your lights to be safe.

We will be doing the ride from last Wednesday which was cancelled. Unfortunately I am experiencing some technical issues and am unable to embed the map. Please refer to last week’s post for the route.FacebooktwittermailFacebooktwittermail