We’re doing it again (again).
We had such a great event last year on a 70 km route which was almost entirely inside Guelph, we thought we would try one almost entirely outside of Guelph. And like last year, we guarantee there will be sections that are unknown territory for you.You may recall we posted this as a ride-it-by-yourself COVID version earlier this year, well now we will ride it as a club as permitted by provincial and OCA guidelines.
About the route: It’s 79.3 km long – 63% of it is unpaved. In the middle there is one very long, continuous 27.5 km gravel section – bolt on your gravel aero bars! The start and finish are at Fixed Gear Brewing, our sponsor. We have spots for up to 12 in each of the three speed groups, Fast, Medium and Leisurely, so sign up soon to insure you get a spot! Several club members have ridden this already and given their seal of approval. The route is really good!
Here are the details for our second-annual BGR
August 30th, 2020, start and finish at Fixed Gear Brewing
First wave leaves at 8:00 AM
Pre-registration is mandatory and available HERE
- We are limited to how many people can be accommodated at Fixed Gear post ride as per current Health regulations, so, participants only.
- Please note there are no other official club rides on this date
- Rain or shine
- 80km route
- Free parking, gear storage on site, arrive early to stow some gear
- Three groups of various paces: Leisurely, Medium, and Fast
- Staggered start to finish at a similar time
- 8:00 am Leisurely pace
- 8:10 am Medium pace
- 8:20 am Fast pace
- The BGR 2020 is open to SRCC Club Members only
- Post ride food provided by SRCC
- Bring cash or card for post ride bevies
- Bring a mask as it’s necessary when passing through the Fixed Gear Brewing building
Hope to see you there!
Your SRCC Board