The fourth and final TT of our 4 event time trial series is tonight, with first rider starting at 7:00pm! The August TT tends to produce some of the fastest times of the season, so why not put all that training you’ve been doing this summer to the test?
For 2018: We will be using the same course as last year, on 6th Line East.
Time trials are a great way to test your fitness. It is a race against yourself and the clock. Riders start at 1 minute intervals and the challenge is to try to catch the rider ahead of you and not to be caught by the rider behind you! No drafting is allowed.
We use the same course for each of the 4 TT events allowing you to measure your training progression throughout the season.
The course is 16.7km long, an out-and-back route on the rolling hills of Sixth Line East just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
- maintain a steady power output and heart rate throughout the event
- have a smooth, regular pedalling technique
- position yourself to be extremely aerodynamic
- discipline yourself to operate just below your anaerobic threshold until near the end of the course.
- please exercise caution during the TT, especially at the turn around, as the roads are open and vehicles can be expected
- please remember that while waiting for your start to not obstruct traffic
- please remember to bring your club membership card.
Men: Andy Mill 23:14.9 43.09 km/hr August 16/18
Women: Tara MacDonald 26:55.6 37.21 km/hr May 18/16
Meeting Location: Start Line – 6th Line East, just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
Meeting Time: Sign-in: 6:45pm, First rider start: 7:00pm