UPDATE: Results posted below
The final TT of our 4 event time trial series is this week, with first rider starting at 7:00pm! This is a great opportunity to get some last minute TT practice in before the Provincial Championships this weekend.
Time trials are a great way to test your fitness. It is a race against yourself and the clock. Riders start at 1 minute intervals and the challenge is to try to catch the rider ahead of you and not to be caught by the rider behind you! No drafting is allowed.
We use the same course for each of the 4 TT events allowing you to measure your training progression throughout the season.
The course is a 17km long out-and-back route on the rolling hills of Fourth Line East just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
- maintain a steady power output and heart rate throughout the event
- have a smooth, regular pedalling technique
- position yourself to be extremely aerodynamic
- discipline yourself to operate just below your anaerobic threshold until near the end of the course.
- please exercise caution during the TT, especially at the turn around, as the roads are open and vehicles can be expected
- please remember that while waiting for your start to not obstruct traffic
- please remember to bring your club membership card.
Course Record: Ryan Roth 22:08.49 – 46.07 km/hr – July 18/12
Meeting Location: Start Line – 4th Line East, just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
Meeting Time: Sign-in: 6:45pm, First rider start: 7:00pm
Another great evening to wrap up a very successful 2015 Club Time Trial Series. Although turnout was slightly down tonight it didn’t stop the streak of outstanding performances. Three Personal Best times were set, including Ryan shaving 3 seconds off his best time to set a new course record! In total, 28 PBs were set this year! Congratulations to all 2015 TT riders.
|1||Ryan Roth||21:27.49||47.53||PB CR||100.00%||aero|
Weather: 26 degrees, humidex 34, sunny, wind SE 15km/hr, 100.9kPa, 64% humidity