RIDE CANCELLED DUE TO INCOMING RAIN AND SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH. Please add a comment below if you are interested in having the TT rescheduled for next Wednesday. Good last chance prep for Provincials next weekend!
The final TT of our 4 event time trial series is this week, with first rider starting at 7:00pm!
New for 2016: Due to a road closure on 4th Line, we have moved the Time Trial course one concession west, to 6th Line East. When riding out to the course please allow yourself a few extra minutes, as the course is just over a km further west than in previous years.
Time trials are a great way to test your fitness. It is a race against yourself and the clock. Riders start at 1 minute intervals and the challenge is to try to catch the rider ahead of you and not to be caught by the rider behind you! No drafting is allowed.
We use the same course for each of the 4 TT events allowing you to measure your training progression throughout the season.
The course is just 16.7km long, an out-and-back route on the rolling hills of Sixth Line East just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss). The new course has received lots of positive feedback.
- maintain a steady power output and heart rate throughout the event
- have a smooth, regular pedalling technique
- position yourself to be extremely aerodynamic
- discipline yourself to operate just below your anaerobic threshold until near the end of the course.
- please exercise caution during the TT, especially at the turn around, as the roads are open and vehicles can be expected
- please remember that while waiting for your start to not obstruct traffic
- please remember to bring your club membership card.
Men: Andy Mill 23:41.0 42.30 km/hr July 20/16
Women: Tara MacDonald 26:55.6 37.21 km/hr May 18/16
Meeting Location: Start Line – 6th Line East, just north of County Road 51 (road to Ariss)
Meeting Time: Sign-in: 6:45pm, First rider start: 7:00pm