RIDE AND SOCIAL AT THE WOOLY CANCELLED. I know there isn’t much on the radar, but it’s still spitting a bit, and the roads will be wet. Really torn on this one, but Waterloo cancelled their rides as well. BUT, don’t be surprised if quite a few people turn out for an unofficial ride at 6:30! The Thursday post-ride social will be pushed back to next Thursday, June 1st.
It’s that time of year again – the monthly Thursday socials are back!
With the longer days and warmer temperatures it’s great to get to know your fellow SRCC members. Following the last Thursday ride for the summer months, let’s meet at The Wooly for food/drink.
Note: Some Thursday B riders may ride directly to The Wooly from the end point of the scheduled ride in full SRCC lycra and bike in tow. For all other SRCC members, please feel free to arrive at 9:15pm. If the ride is cancelled, we will push the social back to next Thursday.
Ride cancelled. Too much rain with the threat of lightning. Save your legs for P2A.
Weather forecast is iffy, keep your fingers crossed. We will attempt a little intensity mixed in with the Thursday B ride in order to help prepare riders who are looking to move up to the Thursday A ride in the future. The A group can go ahead at the 35km/h pace with some higher intensity sections. The B group will stick closer to the 32km/h speed with 2 exceptions. When looking at the route, you will notice we do a loop in the Side Road 25 area (Bayden’s old training loop). At that little zig zag section, those who want to increase the intensity and hammer for one lap (approximately 9km) can do so. People can also choose to stay more comfortable. Once finished the loop and back at the zig zag section, everyone will regroup and carry on their merry way together. The last section of the ride along Arkell from 1st Line to Watson is also be a good place to ramp up the speed for those interested in a little suffering.
Update at 4:50. Official ride cancelled due to the rain. Stay Dry!
A ride towards the north with a turnaround at the intersection of 4th line and Hwy 18. There is a new stop sign at Watson and Speedvale and we should go single file on 124. As usual, bring your lights and the weather cancellation decision will be made at 5 PM.