A loop up to the north-west, looks like a nice day!
RIDE IS CANCELLED. Weather Alert: Some scattered green clouds heading our way on the radar. It might rain a bit.
We’ll let the A Group go for the stage win while the B’s sip champagne and celebrate with a “tour” of some of our favourite roads of the season. The route is rather short due to the waning daylight, but still bring lights. We’re heading over to the Wooly afterwards for a few beers, team food and tales of what could have been.
NOTE: I was body checked by a Nissan Rogue on my way home from work today and hit the deck pretty hard. All is well with bike and bod (and the driver was charged), but as I type this, my limbs are feeling the effects of breaking the fall. Chris has offered to take over as ride leader so you’re good for a great ride. Thanks Chris.
Update: looking out side is very confusing. There are enough nasty looking clouds that I think that it is safer to cancel the official ride. I will look again at 5:30 and, if it clears up then I may ride unofficially.
For the last fun ride of the season, I have chosen a short route over some familiar roads with lots of greenery. Sunset is coming early, so please bring a light.
Again this week, the weather forecast is pretty stupid: i.e. 40% probability that it will rain less than 1mm. Last week’s ride was great. I will make the go/no-go decision for this ride before 4:30.