Let’s go. (Forecast seems to predict a dry rain near the end of the ride.)
As one of the last rides of the season, I propose a metaphor for the season. The start of the ride will be a bit rough (i.e. south on Watson). There will be some uphills and some downhills, before a smooth return home (i.e. north on Victoria). Bring lights, since it is getting dark earlier.
The weather forecast looks a bit iffy. I will make a go/no-go decision before 4:30. Hopefully, it will be a go.
RIDE CANCELLED. The forecast suggests that the roads might be dry by 6:30 and the average wind speed might be tolerable by 7:30 but the gusts will make any group ride less social than it should be.
The plan is to ride through some quiet places, south on Fourth and back up Watson. It could be a nice day to take advantage of the late sunset; hopefully less “exciting” than last week.
For “Try a Ride”, please arrive a couple of minutes before 6:30.
The weather forecast is a bit silly (high probability of a thunderstorm with about 1mm of rain). So, think happy thoughts at 4:00 and I will make a go/no-go decision before 5:00.
Update: Let’s go. The cycling gods have been appeased.
For the first social ride in May, I am told that the Club’s Executive sacrificed a pair of mid-priced carbon wheels to ensure that the weather would be good.
So, let’s try the route from two weeks ago: a cruise around the east side of Guelph. Please remember that it starts at 6:30 this time. We should be back home in time but, just in case, bring lights.
Think happy thoughts. The forecast is suggesting that there may be rain nearby so, by 5:00, I will confirm that the ride is going ahead.
Update: looking out side is very confusing. There are enough nasty looking clouds that I think that it is safer to cancel the official ride. I will look again at 5:30 and, if it clears up then I may ride unofficially.
For the last fun ride of the season, I have chosen a short route over some familiar roads with lots of greenery. Sunset is coming early, so please bring a light.
Again this week, the weather forecast is pretty stupid: i.e. 40% probability that it will rain less than 1mm. Last week’s ride was great. I will make the go/no-go decision for this ride before 4:30.