Rice cancelled, too cold. This lovely route takes up north to Grand Valley which is one of my favorite… lets get real here folks. Sunday at 11:00 is gonna be minus two, feeling like minus 7. Unless the forecast changes drastically plan on riding indoors for a bit longer or just eat pizza and relax, there will be lots of time to ride once the weather warms up.
And now for something completely different, heading out towards Erin then to beautiful Lac Belwood where we will stop for food and possibly drinks.
Please note start time is now 11:00 am so you can stay up late Saturday night watching Gossip Girl on Netflix like I’ll be and still make the ride!
Forecast looks clear but the temperatures are getting back to normal with the overnight low on Saturday hitting 3 degrees so dress appropriately, Oh and good luck to all the losers doing Levi’s* Grand Fondo down in sunny, warm California this weekend, not jealous at all.
Update Ride cancelled, Rain is coming through, even if it stops when the ride starts at 9:00 the roads will be wet and the temperature is only going to be 2 degrees with 50 km/h gusts, Stalwart people can still show up but it will not be an official club ride.
a Please note the start time is now at 9:00 am and this will be the last combined ride until October. Next weekend we will offer a separate short and long ride each with its own ride leader.
The weather forecast isn’t looking great for Sunday with rain and a high of 5 degrees so please check back by 8:00 am Sunday to see if the ride is still on.
Scheduled stop will be in Kilbride for drinks.
Good luck to all our riders doing the Paris to Ancaster ride, hope the forecast improves!
You can just smell spring in the air, well maybe after you sweep the snow off the flowers. Have no worries though, since the weather is looking fantastic on Sunday we will be offering two distance options for Club Members which we normally don’t do until the weather warms up.
There will be both medium and long distance rides that will follow the same course until km 47, at which point riders doing the medium ride will split off back towards Guelph for a 75 km ride. Those doing the long ride will continue on North for a 122 km ride. There is a small gravel section on the longer ride.
Stop will be in Belwood for drinks on the longer ride, no stop scheduled for the medium ride however if anyone needs fluids we can definitely stop at km 41.8.
Rain forecast to start at 1:30 so ride is cancelled. Those wishing to meet for a shorter ride can still meet at the store but it will be a non club ride. We will be heading to the Forks for this Sunday. Weather doesnt look very good so check back in the morning, will post by 10:00 am if it’s going to be cancelled